Tuesday, January 01, 2008

The Donald Hall Standard - July through December 2007


I’ve written about the Donald Hall standard before here and here. It’s my annual ritual of benchmarking my work as a writer against the standard of my idol/mentor, Donald Hall. Hall writes in Life Work about publishing one piece per week in general. So that is what I have been trying to do for the past year or two.

Here’s my report on what I have done from July through December of 2007:

2 poems in print journals
1 poem in an online journal
1 poem in an anthology
3 columns - outside of the CIVILesbianIZATION series
11 columns for CIVILesbianIZATION
2 articles
8 reviews
2 readings

I also wrote a paper and two encyclopedia entries - but I’m saving those for when they are published. It’s all about the pipeline!

So the goal is to have 26 items published and I had 30 items out. The CIVILesbianIZATION column is really what keeps me going on both the standard and the commitment to doing the writing.

Here’s to a great year of writing in 2008!

No comments: