Wednesday, December 13, 2006

New Poem


Well, the two papers are nearly done. One is completely done with just a few administrative matters to take up; the other is 95% done with a final proof-read tomorrow and then submission. It will be great to have these two done and this wonderful first semester in the MFA program completed. Yesterday I was feeling really bluesy about the end of the semester. Ending projects, especially big writing projects makes me sad. I worry that I’ll never write something good again and that the things I have just written were horrible, but I have new projects that I’ll take up this weekend and move forward. As my friend Sally says, I need to turn the blues to purple.

Meanwhile, a new poem of mine has been published at Poemeleon. The poem is “After a Photograph by Frederic Brenner.” It is one of my favorites.

No comments: