Monday, December 11, 2006

Knee Deep in Writing Papers


I love the two papers that I am writing and I’m working on a new poem - Ashes. When it rains. . . .Here are two quick items for today:

I'm the first mention on Queerty.

• If there's one thing November's election taught us, it's that sexual panic's alive and well. What, however, does that mean for gay people? Julie Enszer investigates. [SOVO]

http://www.queerty.com/queer/happy-endings/happy-endings-20061211.php

However, I do wish the column had involved more investigation - on a personal sexual level.


The World is Too Much with Us
William Wordsworth
 
The world is too much with us; late and soon,  
    Getting and spending, we lay waste our powers:  
    Little we see in Nature that is ours; 
We have given our hearts away, a sordid boon! 
This Sea that bares her bosom to the moon,
    The winds that will be howling at all hours  
    And are up-gather'd now like sleeping flowers, 
For this, for everything, we are out of tune; 
It moves us not. -- Great God! I'd rather be  
    A pagan suckled in a creed outworn, --
So might I, standing on this pleasant lea,  
    Have glimpses that would make me less forlorn; 
Have sight of Proteus rising from the sea;  
    Or hear old Triton blow his wreathèd horn.

I love this poem. Most of all, I remember loving this poem when I was seventeen years old. Sometimes, I think that I loved poems more then.


No comments: