Wednesday, January 03, 2007

High-Brow/Low-Brow


I was hoping to watch American Masters on PBS tonight about Annie Liebovitz. I’m very curious about how they talk about Liebovitz’s relationship with Sontag, but, alas, the showing is on at 10 p.m. -- the same time as Medium. Now i hate to reveal how completely shallow I am, but I love Medium and it is the first new episode in a number of weeks, so I’m very tempted to watch that. In addition, as I’ve written before, I can never remain awake past 10:40 p.m. and the Liebovitz piece is on until 11:30 p.m. so I’ll miss half of it. I’m tempted to spend my forty minutes watching Medium. This is the extent of my deep thoughts on this break from school. It’s almost depressing.

Except that I am reading voraciously for my Pandora to Cassandra project and cleaning and checking things off of my master checklist, which I just love, so all in all it isn’t bad. Today, I ordered the photographs that I am going to use for my Valentine’s Day cards. I just need to find some great red paper and then I’ll be ready to make those. I also have sifted through our financial life and have a list to work on tomorrow to know how we will make it through this year on my limited income in conjunction with school. My stack of 3x5 cards keeps growing and shrinking each day with new ideas and tasks completed. I’ve also been reading blogs, always a delight, especially with Google Reader. I can tell that I’m going to be swamped by too many blogs in my reader by mid-March, but for now it is a delight.

So it is a half hour before I have to make my high-brow/low-brow decision. I’m going to read and perhaps even fall asleep before ten.



No comments: