Thursday, July 30, 2009

S as in Sam, Z as in Zebra

This is my periodic update email with where my work has been and where it is appearing. If you’d like to be added to the email list, do let me know at JulieREnszer at gmail dot com and I’ll happily send it directly to your email box.

I write this from the midst of my studies for my General Exam in Women's Studies which I'll be writing the weekend of August 21-24. The reading, summarizing and annotating have been one of the joys of the summer. Another joy was the opportunity to spend three weeks in Cuernavaca, Mexico studying Spanish. I posted a plethora of photos on Facebook from the trip, so if you're on Facebook, check them out there.

Two New Poems

Two poems have been recently published online.

"Constantin Brancusi's The Kiss" in the Windy City Times Pride Literary Supplement
http://www.windycitymediagroup.com/gay/lesbian/news/ARTICLE.php?AID=21587

"Absolutely No Car Repairs in the Parking Lot" in On The Issues Magazine
http://www.ontheissuesmagazine.com/2009summer/2009summer_Poetry.php

I'm thrilled to be included in both of these publications with other fine poets and writers.

Lesbian Poetry Archive

I've been adding to the Lesbian Poetry Archive, one of my projects for my PhD. Recently, I've posted a new chapbook and anthology. Do check it out periodically here:
http://www.lesbianpoetryarchive.org/
Also, please consider joining the Lesbian Poetry Archive group on Facebook! Click here:
http://www.facebook.com/reqs.php#/group.php?gid=91784956929&ref=ts
Join and post comments, if you wish. One of the goals of the Lesbian Poetry Archive is to connect more people interested in lesbian poetry, both contemporary lesbian poetry and lesbian poetry from years past.

Second Person Queer

This spring, Second Person Queer was published by Arsenal Pulp Press, and I was thrilled to have an piece included in it. Second Person Queer is an anthology of essays on LGBT life written in the second person. It is filled with delightful, passionate, funny and moving essays by great LGBT writers. I highly commend it to you. You can see it online here: 
http://www.arsenalpulp.com/bookinfo.php?index=291
and order it from any fine bookseller that you matronize.

Two poems were included in the most recent issue of Feminist Studies as well so check that out in your local library or at your newsstand. I have poems forthcoming in a variety of places including Women's Review of BooksKnockOut and Gertrude Journal. I'm also still writing book reviews and other various and sundry writing projects. I post many links to Twitter and Facebook (and try to be relatively engaging on these new media) so let's connect there if we haven't.

That's my update for the summer. I hope this email finds you happy and thriving and filled with good dreams and schemes for the fall. 

Julie

Julie R. Enszer
www.JulieREnszer.com
http://JulieREnszer.blogspot.com

P.S. You're receiving this email newsletter because sometime, somewhere I thought that you might be interested in periodic updates about my work. If you'd like to be removed, please just reply to this email and I'll remove you from the list promptly.

No comments: