Thursday, November 02, 2006

IF I LIVED IN NEW YORK CITY

I would attend all of these readings. I would sit in the back and feel hideously uncomfortable. I would think about how all of these people are friend, how they have their own clique that excludes me. I would be jealous, I would be insecure, I might even be angry, but I would love it so much. Frank O’Hara at 80, me in the back, watching, dreaming of being inside.

FRANK O'HARA AT EIGHTY
Events in NYC, November 2006
organized by the Poetry Project, Poets House and the Museum of Modern Art


Tuesday, November 28, 7 pm
Bill Berkson: "Frank at 30"
Poets House
72 Spring Street, 2nd floor
$7; free to members of Poets Hpuse and the Poetry Project

Wednesday, November 29, 8 pm
Frank O'Hara Reading
with Bill Berkson, Anselm Berrigan, Bob Holman, Eileen Myles, David Shapiro,
Anne Waldman, Tony Towle, Frank Lima, Maureen O'Hara, Jim Carroll, Patti
Smith, Ned Rorem, John Gruen, and others.
The Poetry Project, St. Mark's Church, 10th Street and Second Avenue
$8. $7, free to members of Poets House and Poetry Project


Thursday, November 30, 6 pm
Frank O'Hara at MOMA
with John Ashbery, Bill Berkson, Alfred Leslie, Michelle Ellgott and others
Bartos Theater and MOMA Library and Archives Reading Rooms
The Museum of Modern Art, 4 West 54th Street
$10; $8 for MOMA, Poets House,and Poetry Project members; $5 for students
and seniors; tickets at information lobby desk and Film and media desk at
MOMA or online at www.moma.org/thinkmodern.

No comments: