Thursday, October 12, 2006

Five Things Feminism has Done for Me

Damion over at Queering the Apparatus tagged me with this meme. It’s my first meme! I have to comply.

So here are five things that feminism has done for me:

1. Saved my life and provided an analysis for why my life was worth saving.
2. Helped me to make the connection between the body, the pen, the page, and the world.
3. Made the world into which I was born in Saginaw, MI larger than it was intended to be and filled with more people and experiences than intended for me.
4. Given me lots of funny and obscure jokes to share with other like-minded people while simultaneously providing me with an appearance to the world of being humorless and occasionally dour.
5. Provided me with a stack of really good books that I want to read and that probably exceed my time in this life while continuing to grow.

I tag Nicki Hastie at Out on a Dike, my buddy, Glo, at Miss Wild Thing, and the Gayest Editor Ever.






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Uh, now what do I do? I am humorless and don't know how to have fun.fmhbrim