Thursday, November 01, 2007

New CIVILesbianIZATION: Marriage in Maryland - Delayed or Denied


CIVILesbianIZATION :: Equal Rights for Gay and Lesbian Couples in Maryland - Delayed or Denied?
by Julie R. Enszer
EDGE Providence Contributor
Thursday Nov 1, 2007


On Tuesday, September 18, I woke up early, showered, and packed my bag for a day of travel. My partner dropped me off at the New Carrollton train station, and I headed to New York for meetings for work. She drove back to Riverdale for her dentist appointment, and was then off to work in Baltimore. It was a typical day.

I responded to all of my email on the train, took the subway to the office in New York, sat in meetings, ate the bagged lunch I had carried with me. Mid-morning an email arrived from Equality Maryland announcing the news that the Maryland Court of Appeals issued their decision in the Conaway v. Deane case- and it wasn’t in our favor.

Read the rest of the column here.


1 comment:

Julie R. Enszer said...

Charlotte,

Thanks for the great link!

All best,

Julie